Take me to a county fair
Well I just got back from the final of three performances of the Sheriffs Posse rodeo at the Valencia County Fair. Here is just a few things I learned:
1) Strobe Lights good! Eye site Bad!
2) Mutton Busters get there 3 days before the first team roper!
3) Wasp are pest, but not as bad as mosquitoes!
4) Afternoon performances in the summer time bad!
5) Evening performances where people have to look into the setting sun, worse!
6) 4 Saddle Bronc Riders bad, 2 Bareback riders in 3 perf's worse!
7) Sour timed event animals bad.
8) People not in proper attire allowed in the arena, stupid!
9) No one running out gates, silly.
10) Arenas built 100 years ago, just plain wrong!
Now I know Valencia County isn't the richest county in the State of New Mexico. But come on people isn't it about time we build an arena capable of being nice? How about a 2500 seat indoor joint, with air and heat? Maybe use some solar and wind power to make it more green? Heck even see about getting a methane generator? But I guess we'll always be a little behind the rest of the state.
Oh yeah and I know the fair and the rodeo ain't by the same folks but do you really think I want to pay double admission? And what is with no amusements for the kids, jumpers are nice but a little under classed!