• Over six (6) years’ experience in custom class design and official courseware delivery in IT subjects including CompTIA and Microsoft.
• Worked on numerous infrastructure projects including new buildings and upgrading Token Ring to Ethernet topology.
• Installed Windows Servers starting at Windows NT through Windows 2012. With a sprinkling of Fedora and Ubuntu Servers for grins.
• Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Career and Technical Education, an Associations Degree and numerous Technical Certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft and Crestron.
• Project Manager on new Science and Technology Building in Higher Education including Infrastructure, Security, Network Topology, Telephony and Audio Visual Design for learning and gathering spaces.
• Started Audits for compliance purposes on hardware and software to ensure compliance with all laws and policies and to insure inventory refresh schedules.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Mentored 23-part time employees.
• Coached three shift leads and an IT Technician.
• Performed statistical analysis of student population to better inform upper Management how to best reach desired demographic population.
• Created customized marketing campaigns and redesigned social media presence using proven analytics and web based measurements.
• Created multiple budgets to utilize limited resources for long term growth and expansion.
• Administered a Federally controlled budget under the Department of Education Title V.
• Consulted with small businesses to plan and execute technology budgets to “future-proof” their operations for long term growth.
• Applied and taught students proper troubleshooting techniques in accordance with known and proven industry standards.
• Designed classrooms to enhance both the Teaching and Learning experiences.
• Prepared and implement multiple technology projects. Including Ethernet networks, server installs computer deployments, security cameras, telephony and lab installations.
• Prepared and implemented numerous Audio/Video projects including boardrooms, classrooms and large multi-purpose rooms.
• Solved a variety of technology issues for remote sites using standard troubleshooting techniques.
• Using varied methodology, including imaging and tape backups, ensured network stability.
• Developed and completed numerous switch and router upgrades to various remote sites.
TECHNOLOGY CORDINATOR | UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY | 2013 – 2015
· Technology Manager for Utah State University Tooele.
USER SUPPORT ANALYST III | UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO | 2008 – 2013
· Audio Visual Technician for the University of New Mexico Valencia. Faculty Technology Trainer.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
Eastern New Mexico University, Portales, NM Career and Technical Education BAAS
University of New Mexico, Los Lunas, NM General Studies AAS
A+, Network +, Security +
Microsoft Certified Trainer, MCITP – Enterprise Support, MCTS, MCDST, MCP
ITIL v3 Foundations
Crestron RL 101